Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Black Holes and Information Loss has been a long time coming. The philosophical problems I've personally had with black holes were the driving force for my entire education. The questions I would ask would never be answered in a way that satisfied me. Like a child beginning to question Santa Claus, but realizing the massive conspiracy required for those doubts to have merit, I continued studying the theory of black holes until I had convinced myself that they are, indeed, misunderstood.

In the end, black holes were a Godsend. My insistence on understanding the answers to all of my questions is a trait I probably would not have had in a formal classroom setting; I would have been too busy taking notes and presuming that the rest of the class was understanding what the professor was telling us. Black holes, in my opinion, really are a case of "the Emperor has no clothes."

No comments:

Post a Comment